||4 years ago|
|.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE||4 years ago|
|Firefox||7 years ago|
|Installers||5 years ago|
|Plugins||4 years ago|
|css||5 years ago|
|data||5 years ago|
|dev||6 years ago|
|html||7 years ago|
|js||5 years ago|
|lib||5 years ago|
|misc||6 years ago|
|v2||5 years ago|
|.gitattributes||7 years ago|
|.gitignore||5 years ago|
|Gruntfile.js||6 years ago|
|ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md||4 years ago|
|LICENSE||5 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
|betterdiscord.js||7 years ago|
|issues||5 years ago|
|package.json||6 years ago|
|splice||7 years ago|
Note that this whole branch is deprecated. all further development is going on here: https://github.com/JsSucks/BetterDiscordApp
If you have issues then join the BD Discord server: Here
Do not contact Discord support about BD issues.
All plugins must be named
*.plugin.js and all themes must be named
Better Discord App enhances the Discord desktop app with new features.
Windows Universal Installer
- Download the latest installer from releases
- Follow the instructions
- .NET 4.0 required https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
- Windows Installer users asar.net https://github.com/Jiiks/asar.net
- Download the latest package from releases
- Run the installer
- Installer requires node download the binaries and place in the same folder as the installer if you don't have node installed.
- Installer uses asar which is bundled with the installer.
- Installer uses wrench which is bundled with the installer.
- Extract app.asar
- Add BetterDiscord as a dependency
- Add init to Discord load event
- Move BetterDiscord to node_modules
Quick Emote Menu: Quick Emote Menu adds a menu for quickly adding twitch emotes and your favorite emotes.
Emote Autocapitalize: Automatically capitalize Twitch.tv global emotes.
Emote Autocomplete: Automatically completes/suggests emotes.(soon)
Minimal Mode: Minimal mode makes elements smaller and hides certain elements.
Voice Chat Mode: Only display voice channels
Public Servers: Public server listing provided by: DiscordServers.com
Custom CSS BetterDiscord supports custom CSS for styling Discord to your liking.
Custom Themes BetterDiscord comes with a theme loader for loading your own or downloading themes made by others.
Spoilers Add spoilers to your chat, simply add [!s] to your message.
Save Logs Locally: Save chatlogs locally.(soon)
Adding your server to public servers
As of JS1.60 the public server list is supplied by DiscordServers.com Add your server there and it will appear in the list!
BetterDiscord Uses the following API's
- https://twitchemotes.com/apidocs for Twitch emotes
- https://api.betterttv.net/emotes for BetterTTV emotes
- MacOS Installer by Candunc
- Emote titles by pendo324
- Majority of FFZ emote work by Pohky and DeathStrikeV
- Majority of BTTV emote work by EhsanKia
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015-present Jiiks | Jiiks.net
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.